Yes, I partake in the crazy Black Friday sales. My mother, sister, & I have made it our post-Thanksgiving tradition for years. For us, it's more about spending the time together just us gals rather than trampling people for the best deal. Although, this year we weren't able to be together, so I may just end up giving Cyber Monday a go. Which one are you? A Black Friday shopper or a Cyber Monday shopper?
With my previous years of Black Friday experience, I thought I'd share some of my tips on surviving the crowds, sales, & getting the best deals.
- Get your caffeine fix: Our first stop is always, always, always for coffee or tea. You'll need all the strength to avoid the crazies.
- Use ads to map out your routes: Try sticking to strip malls with a few of your must stop stores in one area. You can jump from store to store easier that way without losing your parking space.
- Divide & conquer: Spend about 15 minutes in the store shopping & then have someone from your posse get in line. Those lines are forever long & you can take shifts as one goes shopping & the other holds the space in line.
- Steer clear of the unruly crowds: When I was pregnant with Evelyn, I had my heart set on these $3 fleece jammies. Apparently, so did every single other Mom on planet Earth. I was nearly trampled by women who were literally grabbing, pulling, & falling over each other to get a pair of these jammies. Not. Worth. It.
- Be friendly & polite: So many people will be running around hurriedly & without concern for others. Breathe & remember to be polite to those around you.
Black Friday can be fun & lighthearted, but also has proven to be a bit dangerous in years past, so please remember to always stay safe & be aware of your surroundings during this crazy shopping season. If you need a good laugh or way to de-stress when you come back home, why not Elf Yourself? See our family video below.
What are your best Black Friday shopping tips? Are you a Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopper? I'd love your thoughts in the comments below.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.