Potty training has been one of my toughest obstacles as a parent thus far. And while we have triumphed with both of our boys in potty training with little to no accidents, bed time is another story. There is no such thing as night time potty training. Younger kids have accidents and as adults, we understand that & know that it is okay. But as a child, it can have effects on self-esteem & confidence. In partnership with GoodNites®, who is sponsoring this informative post, I thought I'd share some facts on bedwetting to further educate some of you on this common condition & perhaps offer some solutions to those of you who have children who struggle with it nightly.
1. Bedwetting is a completely normal and common condition that children cannot control or be trained out of. In fact, according to the National Kidney Foundation, bedwetting affects approximately seven million children in the United States alone.
2. Nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting) is more common in boys than in girls and tends to occur more frequently in first born children than in younger siblings.
3. It is caused by a variety of factors, with the most common cause typically due to a child's bladder not growing as fast as the rest of his body.
4. Research from the American Academy of Pediatrics indicates that children who wet the bed do not enjoy or even have the desire to participate in fun activities, such as sleepovers, because of their fear and embarrassment.
5. A product from GoodNites* TRU-FIT* offers a new choice for parents and children looking for a superior bedwetting product to help families have a better night, every night. It provides outstanding leakage protection with a six-layer advanced absorbent technology to help lock in wetness. Their real, machine washable underwear options offer a discreet solution by using disposable, absorbent inserts that help keep sheets and jammas dry at night. Available at Target, GoodNites* TRU-FIT* offers size options from S/M to L/XL for both boys and girls.
For additional facts on bedwetting including solutions and advice from trusted experts, visit the Better Night Network at www.GoodNites.com and the GoodNites® Facebook page.
GoodNites* TRU-FIT* Underwear are available at Target with an on-pack coupon for $2 off instantly.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of GoodNites* TRU-FIT*.